Roof Glass Information
We Only Use Planitherm Glass
What is Planitherm?
PLANITHERM is Europe’s best selling range of high performance low- emissivity glass (low-E glass). The glass utilises the very latest advancements in thermally insulating glass coating technology.
Purchasing a conservatory or orangery is a major decision, which depending upon the size, quality and design can be a significant investment. When choosing a conservatory you need to ensure that it will match your own specific lifestyle requirements and it is here that the right choice of glass is key.
Our conservatory roof glass offers you a choice of four attractive tints all with low maintenance self-cleaning. Each glass tints offers its own combination of solar control and glare reduction properties as well as an individual character to suit your own.
Spend more time relaxing and enjoying the view, rather than cleaning the windows. There two processes at work in our self-cleaning glass. Firstly, the special coating harnesses natural daylight which triggers the breakdown of dirt and grime on the outer surface of the glass. Secondly, when rainwater hits the glass, rather than forming droplets it flattens and spreads out across the surface of the glass helping to wash away the loosened dirt and grime.
Solar Control Glass
Our high performance solar coating to help to keep your interiors cooler – maximising the use of your conservatory. The glass used in our conservatory roof glazing has a versatile solar control coating. It helps to prevent the build-up of heat during hot summer months. The advantages are that the tint uses its inherent colour to absorb the heat. The coating reflects heat back to the outside and the tint and coating together absorbs and reflects heat for maximum comfort.
Different Tints available include:
The Aqua roof glass has a pleasant and relaxing aqua-green appearance to compliment both your interior and the surrounding natural tones of your garden.
The Natura glass has a very neutral appearance, enabling you to balance your conservatory glass with your existing home glazing, plus maximising existing light bringing the feeling of outside in.
The Azura glass is a blue tinted roof glass, which allows light to create an open, airy space. This tint gives the highest light transmittance of the range and allows light in.
The Solara glass is a bronze tinted roof glass and perfectly complements timber and dark frames conservatories, giving it that rustic feel.
All the above glass colours have a number of BENEFITS:
- Reflects and absorbs the sun heat
- Reduces the bleaching effect of the sun by blocking to sun UV rays, prolonging the life of your conservatory furniture.
- Reduces uncomfortable glare
- Glass stays cleaner for longer
- Easy & less frequent cleaning
- Ongoing cost saving
- Reduced impact noise of precipitation compared to polycarbonate roof panels.
Now the all new Planitherm 4s all year Round Thermal Control
Our all new Planitherm 4s is a new concept for all year-round comfort, keeping you warmer on the winter and cooler in summer. Planitherm 4s combines solar control and thermal insulating properties, to provide a comfortable year round environment, enabling you to get the most out of your conservatory whatever the weather
- 57% Heat Reflection
- 1.0W/M2K U-Value
- Reduced internal condensation
Keeps you cool in the summer . . . .
When used alone in conservatory side walls, PLANITHERM 4S:
- Provides excellent level of solar protection for conservatory side walls, reducing unwanted heat by more than 57%
- Has an attractive neutral appearance giving you a clear view of your surroundings.
Keep you warm in the winter . . . . .
Planitherm 4S conservatory wall glass:
- Provides unbeatable thermal insulation
- 63% less heat loss compared to ordinary double-glazing
- Has a market leading thermal efficiency ( a U-value of 1.0W/M2K) far exceeding all current available products
- Increases energy efficient by retaining more heat in the room
- Reduces your heating bills
- Reduces the environmental impact of excess energy production
- Maximises the amount of natural light
- Reduces cold spots and draughts
- Virtually eliminates internal condensation